Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Estelle Williams I am not

I am utterly thrilled that I managed to go in the ocean on Sunday. First time since 2005. Water was 72 degrees, and relatively flat for California. The Boyfriend helped. I no doubt looked ridiculous going in with a cane, but it got me past the breakers. I may try again this coming weekend without the cane, if the weather continues copacetic.

We went to the beach with our friends David and Eric. They brought an umbrella, which made a huge difference in my ability to stay on the beach. Mind you, we still went at 2:45, and left at 5:00. Still got a little more sun tan I needed. Not enough sunscreen--more next time.

I also found out I can take an aquatic exercise class at our local Y through the MS Society. I think I will give it a try. I will have to go in to work an hour late on Wednesdays, but that's doable. Then I will go every other Monday, when I'm off. I still can't convince myself to go back to PT in Santee. There really didn't seem to be much benefit, and getting there and back was exhausting. I'm wondering if I can commit to doing the videos my disease mgmt folk sent. Boyfriend is doubtful I will do it. Well, one thing at a time. I am still considering the counseling via the MS Society...though no idea how I can shoehorn that in...maybe would qualify for FML? quiene sabe.

No comments: